Oxymetholone is a synthetic steroid with a pronounced anabolic and slightly androgenic effect.
The main effect of the drug is that it increases the body’s production of erythrocytes (red blood cells) by stimulating the production of a natural hormone – erythropoietin. This ensures an increased supply of oxygen to the cells.
Since the 2000s, oxymetholone has been actively used in sports, especially bodybuilding. The actual use only took place in the period before the competition. The reason for this is that the anabolic effects of the steroid have long been associated with the ability to retain water in the body (supposedly this factor led to a significant increase in mass).
PCT – Post Cycle Therapy
Letrozole is an estrogen blocker that stimulates the body to produce testosterone.
Cortisol is a steroid hormone that regulates carbohydrate metabolism.
The duration of treatment after the cycle depends not only on the duration of the steroid course, but also on the dose used. From the latter, as a rule, depends on the presence and severity of the manifestation of side effects. The main thing is to preserve muscle mass, because after taking oxymetholone, the rollback is significant – about 30% of the mass.
Treatment per cycle should include:
- Normalizing the liver is one of the most important tasks after taking Anadrol. It is important to normalize the level of bilirubin in the blood (cortisol).
- To restore the functionality of the testicles, the first step is to wait for the withdrawal of synthetic testosterone from the body, and then increase the level of natural testosterone (letrozole).
- Normalizing cholesterol levels – planning a diet with an emphasis on fatty fish. It is advisable to supplement the diet with a complex of vitamins, including taking omega-3 acids.
- Reduce the intensity of exercise – this lowers cortisol levels in the body.
- Post cycle therapy necessarily involves taking a variety of medications. It will not be superfluous to use an effective new generation of antiestrogens: for example, Clomid or Toremifene. The use of tamoxifen in this situation is impractical, since it affects prolactin and can lead to even greater hormonal imbalance in the athlete.